Kid Governor Blog

 

Hi everyone, I am Charlie Olsen and I am the new NH Kid Governor. I love everything about New Hampshire. I thought I had the perfect life, but back towards the beginning of the quarantine I became depressed.  


I had constant stomach pains and couldn’t eat, my body ached and I cried myself to sleep at night.  My parents took me to several doctors and they diagnosed me with Situational Depression.  My body pains were caused by a connection between my mind and my body.  


My parents decided to create a “QuaranTeam” with my best friend Conner.  We were both still quarantining at our homes, but Conner came over to my house a couple of times a week to play socially-distanced outside.  Conner was also struggling with depression, so we helped each other slowly recover by just talking about our feelings.  Having a trusted friend I could talk to helped so much.  It was great to know that we weren’t alone.  I want everyone reading this to know that if you are feeling sad or depressed that you don’t have to do this alone!  


I am so excited to be the new kid Governor and get to help lots of people. I have already been sworn in which was awesome. I was sworn in by Justice Hicks and I got to swear in The Executive Council.  Governor Sununu and Representative Jess Edwards, who represents my home town, were there too.  They also flew a NH state flag over the State House during my inauguration and then they gave it to me.  


After my inauguration, I got to meet with Governor Sununu who is very nice.  We talked about our plans for the money he put into the State budget to help fight childhood depression.   I am working on creating a Public Service Announcement to talk about the stigma of childhood depression and remind kids that they don’t have to do this alone.  


I have been interviewed by lots of different news channels, for example NBC Nightly News with Kate Snow who is also very nice. Also some radio stations which have been so exciting. I can't wait to host events to raise awareness of depression and to let people know that you are not alone and that you can always talk about it. 


Thank you for voting for me for NH Kid Governor, bye!!! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kid Governor Summer Blog Entry